We treat your data the way we would like our data to be treated; with the utmost care and diligence.
We are compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998, which means the following:
- Personal information, such as log-ins and passwords, are encrypted
- We advise clients to change log in/password details before giving us access and to change them back once our agreed services have been delivered
- We use anti-spy software to keep nasty stuff out of our computer systems
- We make regular back-ups of all digital information to safeguard against loss
- We receive automatic updates from the operating system to keep on top of security updates
- We use strong passwords, with combinations of symbols, numbers and upper/lower case
- We have a policy not to open unsolicited emails, which may be virus-spreading spam
- We advise clients to inform us of sensitive information (bank details, log ins and passwords) direct by telephone or face-to-face rather than by email or other unsafe communication methods
- All sensitive waste paper is shredded
Luminescence can provide information and advice about how to protect your data and privacy and keep yourself safe online.
Got a question for us?Contact Us